CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 28, 2008

A Moment


I felt awkward standing there today, as did you. Was out of the blue meeting you in the bank, it was too late for me to pretend I hadn't seen you. I had avoided this meeting for so long. I said 'I've missed you', you said 'can we talk' we walked outside and you said 'I'm so sorry' I couldn't look at you anymore, I was going to cry any minute in front of those shoppers rushing around us while time stood still for me.

You brushed the hair from my face, just looking at me with the same blue eyes. 'I don't know what to say, it's all gone wrong' You held me, so naturally, I breathed in, so familiar, your scent. You kissed my forehead and told me it would be all right, but we both knew it would never be again.

We made small talk as she walked towards us, holding your child. Three months now.

How wrong it turned out. You had finally told me how you felt, it came out of the blue. We had been friends for years, we talked of the future.You had to leave on family business and when you came back from Scotland it was to tell her it was over, finished. She told you she was having your child. That was the end. I let you go and haven't contacted you since. I heard he was born with curls like yours,but all I see are his blue eyes ... I haven't answered your calls, your texts.

I smile and congratulate her, make small feminine talk about babies. She looks tired and worn. I feel you watching me over her head. I glance up, there is nothing left to say. My heart breaks, I say I must go, Im in a rush work etc. I want to say 'do you realise she knows?' but there is no point, I wont ever see you again.

4 comments:

diver said...

No words from me will make any difference. Beautifully written Jessica x.

Jessica the Minx said...

Tis just a story our Diver, just a story... and nothing will make a difference but thank you

Shadow said...

poignant!

Jessica the Minx said...

ta Shadow love... was it poignant or tragic, im unsure myself