CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Deadly Sins

"Lust is disordered desire for or inordinate enjoyment of sexual pleasure." - The Catechism of the Catholic Church, #2351

To be fair, there is one good thing about the sin of Lust: it cannot persist into eternity. In actuality, sins of the flesh tend to burn themselves out over time. After a while lust becomes a habit and what pleasure it brought diminishes until we wonder what the attraction is.


Why am I writing about Lust?, perhaps the Minx just liked the picture.....

2 comments:

diver said...

What a 'lil Minx you are. Best quote I ever read about lust ...

"Lust is the perverse intensification of a longing for love, just as greed is a perverse intensification of the social sense." (Dane Rudhyar)

That one has bent my head for twenty years. I just can't fault it.

Aaagh, the word verification was lickher ... I can see it's gonna be one of those days.

Jessica the Minx said...

Oh I do love that Diver...

what then is a lust for life? for that is what makes my bones ache...

I will turn the word verification off... but given you run with movies of the flesh..the universe may be sending you messages through me...lol