CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Eye On The Prize


“Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.”
Dalai Lama


I went for a job 2 weeks ago with two others. My Manager later told me I shouldnt of as it was chosen before the interview began. I wanted that job, it was supposed to be a promotion, more money, less grueling hours.

Its turned out a shock for the two that were given the job this week. Sixteen more hours a month, no weekends, no nights (thats big dollars) some shifts ending at midnight and starting again at 8 in the morning and it works out I will earn more a week than them, potter along and answer to no-one. Both are a bit shell shocked by all this. They are also 'company men' and will say nothing where as I would of raise hell.

I was angry about the way I was duped regarding the interview, Im so glad now I didnt get the job & feel sorry for my two friends that did. Life works out funny sometimes.

5 comments:

jiggins said...

That's the thing.. life may work out funny sometimes.. but if you really pay attention to what you are trying to do and have good intentions - life usually works out. Glad this was a nice lesson that you didn't have to learn the hard way!

Shadow said...

...and now you're the lucky one!

Jessica the Minx said...

Thanks Jiggins, not sure bout nice lesson, it got pretty nasty at work.. but boy was it a big lesson....

Ta Shadow, Im starting to think I am..

MixMax said...

Imagine that you got that job, you won't have time to blog anymore :)

Jessica the Minx said...

Laugh... you have a positive way to look at it Max, I love it